Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Blank Space

      Words aren't coming out. As much as I want them to flow into my brains, they're seem to be stuck somewhere in my cells. Hidden away in my views. That is what's been happening to me. I'm stuck. With everything. No direction, no where to go.
        Is this mid-life crisis? Siguro naman hindi pa. I'm not that old. I'm not that young either, but I feel like I am sometimes. I am a hands-on-mom/feeling-entrepreneur/all-around-maid rolled into one. I got a very stressful life right now, and to me, writing is something I'd sometimes do to de-stress myself. I'm not saying I'm good at writing, I just wanted to write. Period.
         So, last night, I was helping my daughter to write a poem about our family picture. As I held on to her pencil, acting as if I have this great idea for the picture, I froze. No words. Not  single one. I am just staring at the blank paper. I felt my daughter poke my face. "Mama, nakatunganga ka na naman.", she said. 
          How can this be? When I was in college (17 yrs ago, excuse me...), I was the princess of poem. I even helped one of my classmate who was a band member in composing his songs. Bakit ganun?! How can I have lost the words, and my brain was just rusting away with just house chores? Rhyming words was just "sisiw" sa akin dati. But now, I' struggling to compose a simple poem. So eto ang nagawa ko, too simple but good enough for my daughter's project (sabi ni ikay :) )

Happy Family

This is my family,
my Papa, my Mama, and me. 
There's only the three of us,
but we're contended and happy.

There is always a time  to smile,
a time for us to joke around.
To goof and play like a clown for awhile,
with our laughter as the only sound.


     It's not that good, I know. The good thing in it is that, it looks like it was made by Ikay.  I know I got to practice again, but hey, at least I got something to do on my free time. Kung magkaka-free time ako. Lol.


1 comment: