Monday, September 8, 2014

Educational Field Trip

It is the Field Trip Season. Together with the -ber months, private schools usually have their annual field trips on these months. Months that are usually rainy. Months that indicates more expenditures.

My daughter's class is having their "educational field trip" on the 26th of this month. They are set to go to two locations: the first one, to a doll factory, and the next is to watch a theater show. Costing 1550 per head, accompanying her (although, it is okay not to accompany her, but she is much too young to be left on her own on such a long trip) would mean a tiny bit more than three grand. That's just the field trip fee. It does not yet include our food for the trip and some pocket money I may need to bring just in case my daughter would like to buy other stuff. For only a day, our trip would at least cost me  4,000 to 4,500.

I must say that's its a little bit too much for an average-earner such as myself. The good thing is that, its not mandatory (she just need to do a make-up project). And even if my daughter really wanted to go, I told her that we just can't afford that right now. But, supposing we can afford it, the news of different accidents happening on the field trips of other schools is just as disturbing and frightening for a mom like me. My husband is even the first to tell us that it'll be much too dangerous to go.

So we are definitely not joining this year (we join two-years in a row of the previous trips). But I did promise to bring her to a different "pasyalan". A visit to a park, to a museum or a movie even. My husband can also come with us, and I just know that it'll be fun and cost much less. 

I just hope that the "field trip" thing would be abolish someday. Not that its not educational but the students have seen it all, every museum, every zoo and animal sanctuary, every factories of bread, dolls, and other things that the metro and other provinces near the metro has to offer. If it can't be abolish, better make it every other year. That way , the excitement of traveling for the child would still be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment